Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Survivor celebrity castaway Jon Hall hopes for a showbiz comeback!


Former sexy actor Jon Hall is making a comeback in Philippine showbiz via Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Showdown. After years of staying out of the limelight, Jon told PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) that he's now ready to jump right back in.

The 31-year-old British-Filipino model said that, unlike in the past, he wants to keep his clothes on.



"I had my chance to be in showbiz before, but I wasn't happy with the shows I was doing. I wanted something with more of a story," Jon said during the launch of Survivor last night, August 23, at GMA-7.

He took no pleasure in the sexy roles his former management, which he did not want to name, gave him.

"Just mostly take your shirt off and that's it," he said. "I wasn't happy with that, and because of bad management, I left. But I never got the place in showbiz that I wanted... I didn't wanna be portrayed as, parang, for women, they call them bimbos. I don't wanna be like, the male bimbo of showbiz."

What he's looking for, Jon said, are roles that have a good story.

"I don't mind the taking my shirt off, but as long as there's a good story behind it," he said. "Or if the shows I was doing had meaning, instead of you know, just take your shirt off and that's it. There's no story. Parang, makes me look stupid. I think. I'd rather not do that anymore."

Jon has appeared in several sexy films, including Xerex (2003) and Sinful Nights (2004), as well as a bit role in the action-comedy Wapakman (2009).

Jon added, "I'm not trying to change the image, but the roles that I take, if I have to take my shirt off, I have no problem with that. But I want them to be, may substance ang story."

This is the reason why he joined Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Showdown.

"Hopefully this will open up doors for me, and the opportunity again," he said.

But what roles does he want to do after the reality show ends?

"I want to do action," he replied. "Actually, my idols in action are the kung fu, Jet Li, but I can't do that stuff, so..."

BIG BULLY. In Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Showdown, Jon Hall is tagged as the "Siga ng Isla." Jon claims though that he's really a nice guy.

" You'll see that you can't always judge a person by what he looks like, how he acts. People will see that I'm not the bully that they think I am, I'm not that guy," he said.

But why was he called the island's bully?

"By my looks. I look like a bully," he said.

To prove that he's not really a bad guy, Jon shared several lessons he learned from living in a remote island.

"Don't trust anybody. Don't take things for granted. Whether it be personal items, clothing, housing, especially food. I mean, I knew this before but I have more respect for it now, because being on the island, walang pagkain, sobrang gutom, you really understand na you can really wait when you have it," he said.

Source: Mark Angelo Ching, PEP.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment